Cloud Support Engineer
A Cloud Support Engineer at Rubico will have an essential role in administering and managing the cloud-based hostings.
The Cloud Support Engineer will require troubleshooting, and cloud hosting-related technical issues, in addition to providing software support and solutions to employees as well as clients. It also requires a good understanding of Linux.
- 1+ years of experience working on cloud hosting environments
- Experience and knowledge of managing Linux-based hosting servers (Eg. AWS EC2 instances).
- Experience in Code Repositories Management (Eg. Git).
- Have a good understanding of managing systems and services on cloud providers like AWS or GCP
- Sound understanding of working on different Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Centos, Debian, etc
- Good understanding of web servers (Apache, Nginx, etc), SQL databases & PHP/Node.js/Python installation as well as configuration
- Command-line tools knowledge (Eg. SSH, Bash)
- Experience in any scripting language (Bash scripting, python, etc)
- The candidate should be proficient in troubleshooting OS and network-related issues with good interpersonal communication skills and good presentation skills.
- Handle all the server roles such as DNS, Web Server, Database Server, etc.
- Manage cloud hosting servers, and services installed on those servers.
- Communicate with cloud hosting support for technical queries.
- Work on hosting servers to create/update sites and install new software/services.
- Manage and control server(s) via SSH.
- Configure file permissions for various websites.
- Maintain prevention plans to keep websites secure from hacking attempts.
- Regular documentation on server and network policies and protocols.
Good to Have Skills
- A basic understanding of DevOps concepts can be a plus
- Experience/Knowledge of Monitoring Services for hosted systems (Eg. Datadog, New Relic, etc.)
- DNS management experience.
- Development experience using LAMP architecture.
- G Suite Management.
- Good Communication Skills
We are not associated with, nor do we endorse, any job consultancy or recruitment agency for hiring. We do not charge any fee or require any money deposit from job seekers during any stage of recruitment. If you receive any unauthorized, suspicious or fraudulent offers or interview call, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report such fraud.
Apply For This Job
Please fill the form
Tell us a little about yourself